About Me

My photo
Hi, let me introduce myself..I'm Vanessa, I am seriously passionate about Food and Nutrition. I have a degree Nutrition and Education, and i want to share it, i want to make a change. Armed with my knowledge, passion and experience my mission is to educate young women, on how to make healthy food choices,for life. I want to eliminate the word DIET from our vocabluary, and all the negative feelings surrounding it. I want to help promote positive body image! I want to irradicate the obsession for perfection, and societies pressures to be perfect. I want to help you to love you, and accept you for who you are inside and out. I can show you how! You can follow this blog, and my you tube channel Nutrition and Body Image by Vanessa, where i will give daily Nutrition,Health,and Body Image Master Classes - differnt topics daily! (this may take a while to set up, but i will let you all know when its up and running!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vegetarian Options!

I haven’t forgotten about the "Veggies"

The same principle applies however with regards to following the 6 meal steps of the plan, however the protein sources are obviously plant sources instead of animal sources. The food list for snacks and main meal options look like this:

Lentils
Chickpeas
Dried beans(Kidney beans, black beans etc)
Veggie Sausages
Veggie Mince...
And fish of course!

So for example a snack may be, 50g of Tuna, or 50g of chickpeas...  a Main meal maybe a Veggie Sausage Casserole, with lots of fresh vegetables - wow for breakfast you could have an open sausage sandwich!?

In the UK i used to eat a protein substitute called Quorn! Its amazing the main ingredient is actually is a type of mushroom, so is very low in fat, an excellent source of fibre, and is high in protein....AND IT is now available in Australia. click on the link and check out the amazing range now available in Coles supermarkets!  There are some awesome recipe ideas on there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment